Johann-Wolfgang-von- Goethe University Frankfurt
Main Model United Nations
Dr. habil. Christian Tuschhoff
60323 Frankfurt am Main
Frankfurt am Main 16.12.2020
§ 1 Formation of Contract
The following registration contract is formed between the head delegate of the delegation or single delegate wishing to register to MainMUN (hereafter The Registrar) and
Main Model United Nations at Goethe-University Frankfurt (hereafter MainMUN) represented by the dean of MainMUN Dr. habil. Christian Tuschhoff, Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 6, 60323 Frankfurt am Main.
The purpose of the contract is the participation in the Main Model United Nations 2021 conference from 5 March 2021 until 7 March 2021(hereafter the conference).
§ 2 Duties of the Registrar
- Providing full and correct information about his/her person ensuring that
- The delegate has reached the age of 16 on 5th March 2021 or
- The Delegate:
- Has reached the age of 14 on 5th March 2021;
- Is part of a Delegation and is accompanied by a Faculty Advisor;
- Is aware that debating certain issues at the conference may constitute a violation of the law for the protection of the youth (Jugendschutzgesetz);
- The delegate isn’t currently sought after, on the base of criminal charges, in any country;
- Adhering to the Rules of Conduct established by MainMUN for the duration of the conference, in particular;
- Accepting the absolute authority of the staff of the conference, including, but not limited to, chairpersons, conference management staff and the Secretaries General;
- Treating other attendees of the conference, guests and staff with respect and dignity as dictated by diplomatic conduct;
- Restraining from personal expressions which are racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, anti-Semitic or discriminating of any kind;
- Having access to a device with internet connection and registering in all required platforms; The lack of an internet connection during the conference does not entitle the registrar for a refund of the fees;
- Valuing everyone’s privacy and refrain from any violations of the German Data Protection Laws such as taking screenshots, recordings or any other personal data infringement;
- Paying the participation fee as regulated under §3 upon registration.
§ 3 Participation Fee
- After registration, the organizer will send a confirmation of registration and other necessary information. With the confirmation of registration, a contract is concluded between the parties. This letter is usually accompanied by an invoice request. Payment is processed via https://mymun.com.
- For every registration the registrar is required to pay the amount of 10.00 €. This includes the conference fee of 8.00 € and of an administration fee for mymun of 2.00 €;
- Faculty Advisors are exempt from these fees;
- The payment is to be made via any of the means offered in the mymun registration platform directly after the application has been submitted via the mymun platform.
§ 4 Withdrawal
- Representation: If a participant is unable to attend at short notice, a substitute can be named. A written agreement with the organizer is obligatory. There are no additional costs for the participants.
- Rebooking: Rebooking to another iteration of the MainMUN conference is not possible.
- Cancellation: The right to withdraw is valid 14 days after payment and the registrar will be refunded the paid participant fees. Any withdrawal invoked after the respective date cannot be substance to a refund claim and the registrar is required to pay the full amount of the participation fee. Participant fees for application submitted after the 31st of January 2021 cannot be
- Personal hindrance/ force majeure: If a participant cannot take part in the event for personal reasons (e.g. illness) or for reasons of force majeure (e.g. weather conditions), there is no entitlement to a reimbursement of any fee. Further liability or compensation claims are also excluded.
- Technical requirements: By registering, participants independently ensure that any devices used to participate meet any technical requirements for participation in (online) conference. If participation is not possible due to technical difficulties, the participant fee cannot be reimbursed.
§ 5 Services Rendered
Services rendered by MainMUN prior and during the conference comprise of:
- Informing applicants, no later than 14 days after their registration if they are accepted as participants at the conference;
- Informing the participants in time about the schedule and changes to it;
- Providing the participants with content about the simulated committees and topics as well as the rules of procedure of the respective committees;
- Ensure access to the digital conference platforms available.
§ 6 Cancellation of the Conference
The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event for organizational reasons, such as – but not limited to – insufficient number of participants or as a result of force majeure. If the event is canceled by the organizer, the full participant fee will be refunded. Further liability or damage claims are excluded.
§ 7 Reservation of changes
The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event program. Content-related, methodological and organizational changes before or during the event may occur, to the point, that these do not significantly change the benefit of the announced event for the participant.
§ 8 Privacy and Data
- The participants have the following rights over their data:
The right to access: They have the right to request copies of their personal data. MainMUN may charge a fee for this service.
The right to rectification: They have the right to request to correct any information they believe is inaccurate. They also have the right to request completing the information they believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: They have the right to request that MainMUN erases their personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: They have the right to request that MainMUN restricts the processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: They have the right to object to MainMUN’s processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: They have the right to request that MainMUN transfers the data that it has collected to another organization, or directly to them, under certain conditions.
If the registrar makes a request, MainMUN has one month to respond to it.
- MainMUN does not share data with third parties. By applying via mymun the registrar is also subject to their Privacy
- By applying via mymun, MainMUN gets access to the data that mymun provides to conferences according to their Privacy
- If the registrar contacts the MainMUN via email or social media, MainMUN has the right to save this data for up to two years.
§ 9 Liability
The registrar waives any claims against MainMUN involving compensation, in part or in whole, of damages or losses incurred in association with travel and accommodation related to or during participation in the conference and all activities unrelated to the services detailed in §5.
Goethe-University Frankfurt as well as its employees shall not be liable for damages of registrants due to their participation at the MainMUN online conference or their usage of https://mymun.com, unless such damages are based on intent or gross negligence by MainMUN.
§ 10 Certificate of attendance
A participation certificate will be issued for participation in the conference if the participant participated in at least 80% of the conference.
§ 11 Copyright
Any documents needed for the participation in the conference will be made available to the participants in digital form. The materials will be deleted four weeks after the end of the conference. The written work material for the conference made are protected by copyright and may not – even in extracts – be reproduced or distributed without the consent of the organizer or the author.
§ 12 Final Provisions
Applicable Law is German Law.